Friday, October 17, 2008

3D Walk Cycles



My first (actually, it took about about four failed attempts to get it to this) 3D walk cycle. I like doing 3D Animation a lot more than I thought I would. Modeling was a little boring and I seriously doubt rigging will be my thing, but animation is....well...animation. It's really not that different from 2D animation. There is a bit of a learning curve and it takes a little while to learn the buttons and controls and how to use the graph editor, but after that it's all the same as hand drawn. I think so anyway.



I have a bad habit of always doing generic walk cycles, so I did another one, this time with more character to it. He was supposed to look like he has to go to the bathroom really badly, but it turned out looking more like he has a stomach ache. It'll have to suffice.

Both of these were modeled and rigged by Mike Watters.

No comments: